Reporting to you from my familiar couch.
It’s been a long day and I finally crashed on the sofa for this particular post. Putting things in perspective: I saw my little notification button flash orange yesterday, which brightly meant someone somewhere was poking me from a distance. To my surprise I was not only poked, but also nominated for a Liebster award by a fellow blogger, so Thank you for the nomination Jo.
You can check out the post here: http://jojoknowseverything.wordpress.com/2014/05/10/on-liebster-awards-chain-mail-and-community/
So here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!
Onto the facts and whatnots:
11 Facts About Me:
- I adore the smell of balsamic vinegar
- Strawberries are my favorite fruit
- Shamefully, I do not know how to cook. Boiling Pasta is cruelty.
- My favorite singers OF ALL TIME are Lara Fabian and Christina Aguilera
- I can speak Arabic, English and French
- I have a nail polish collection that I treasure
- I wanted to be an archeologist when I was younger. I dug out a google map of Ancient Egypt and everything
- I have a scar on my right eyebrow winking back to my clumsy childhood
- I still believe I am Channing Tatum’s one and only true love
- A proud bookworm sheepishly admitting to never reading a Harry Potter book
- I’ve got five old secret diaries stashed in hiding places around my house
11 Questions Answered:
- Why do you write?
Simply, I write because I like writing, and partly because there wasn’t enough room for a sixth diary. BUT for the most part, and I say that as philosophically as I possibly can, writing is like showing someone a picture you take everyday, and I want to take pictures for the rest of my life.
- Pick one thing, event, or person that has made you a writer.
Does a movie count? “Julie and Julia” was very moving.
- How many people do you know named Josh?
There was probably a friend of a friend’s. Otherwise Josh Hutcheson is the only one.
- Who is your writing inspiration? Staceyann Chin, also a spoken word poet. I’ve looked everywhere for her book and failed miserably to find it every time. It’s called “The Other Side of Paradise” if anyone can help!
- How many days a week/month do you work on your blog? Probably twice/three times a week
- Where do you feel most at home?
- If you could have a magical power what would it be?
- The one place you have to see before you die.
I can ‘t narrow it down to one so I’ll be quick: The Egyptian Pyramids, Moscow-Russia, China and the Seychelles
- How do you feel about Highlander? I googled this just now, I feel intrigued.
10. Worst flavor?
11. You’re in a cave. To your left is a mammoth grizzly bear with its arms wrapped around the thing you love most in the world. Armed only with your wits and a small bread pudding, what do you do?
Wait until that creature falls asleep! I’m not giving away my bread pudding so easily.
My 11 questions to you
- When and why did you start blogging?
- Pick three things/people to bring with you if you were to be stranded on an island
- Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
- What is the thing you love the most?
- If you knew everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit?
- What was the last lie you told?
- If you could be a celebrity for one day who would you choose to be?
- If you could be any age for a week, what age would you be?
- If you could erase one disaster/war that happened in the world which would it be?
- Three words you would use to describe your blog
- Complete the sentence: Is it…